Dec 15, 2010

English

   Untuk menyahut seruan Budu Dan Belacan dan untuk tujuan kebaikan, entri ini ditulis dalam bahasa inggeris.
..........

   What do you feel when people around you comunicate in english? For me, I'll get jelous and started asking myself, how come they're so good in english? Poyo kah mereka? What they eat everyday, KFC? Starbucks? Haha. The curiosity usually drag me to the bookstore, passionate to grab some english book as the first step to improve my english. I always end up with buying some silly magazine. Not english books.

   Back in the school days, english is my favourite subject. Thanks to my 1st english teacher,Cikgu Ramlah. She strikes me with her magical cane 'hujung pecah-pecah ada ikat getah', just because I wrongly spelled 'chicken' to 'chickhen'. Since then, there's no turning back. I aced every monthly test with excellence and once awarded with ..
 
   jeng jeng jeng...

   At home, nobody allowed to speak in malay from 8 to 9 pm or we will be completely ignored. Sadly, it only went well for quite some times. Later on, everything went back as before. No more english hour. Failed attempt. Not affected by that, my english continue improving. Cikgu Ramlah 'Magical Cane' long lasting effect, really works.

   The glory goes on and on. Being in form 5 (2006) and still one of the student who excel in english, all my english teachers look up to me. "With great power, comes great responsibility". English is my one and only selling quality, so I channel my 'power' in a good way. To impress my crush, I helped her to do her oral test script.

Perempuan, biasalah. The news spread with a lightning speed. Kene lah jadi cikgu tusyen kawan-kawan dia sekejap.

...........

   Now I can say that the graph of my proficiency in english experienced a great decreased after my SPM. This is my first english writing attempt in 4 years.
Feels so awkward & pretty bad

Any comments guys?

15 comments:

AzarNadhirah said...

nice entry dear. i like it :)
btw my english is worse than u ehhe

AWI said...

Thnx ;)

teenot said...

nice!huhu..kalau I,maybe not so good..haha..

Cik Nathrah said...

wow! awk punye english ok sgt2 :)semoga difeatured oleh kak sueanna :)

AWI said...

Terima kasih teenot & Cik Nathrah. ;)

cik tehaa said...

nice trying! :)

AWI said...

Tenkiu Fatihah Soffi. ;)

Unknown said...

same case here! i wasn't good la, but my english till spm was okay. it wasn't something that teachers would be worried about.


furthering studies after spm, my english went down the drain. i think it was because i was no longer surrounded by my family and friends who conversed in english. bila nak cakap english jee, takut and segan budak2 lain mengata. i guess that was one major reason.

AWI said...

Masa skolah, I'm only good in writing essay. When it comes to conversation, I feel like there's gold in my mouth. Now, both ke laut.

PC1667 said...

Ahaha we're in the same shoes la, I think. I can write essays just as good. But when it comes to conversation, memang ke laut ke paya la. Tak confident as well as having that so-not-encouraging friends that went all 'boooo!!!!' when one tries to speak in English LOL. Spoken English and written English are two different things, anyway.

By the way, found your blog from that BUDU DAN BELACAN blog. Hope you don't mind me commenting here :)

AWI said...

I don't mind at all. Bangga, ade lah wahai PC1667. ;)

abdullah gazali said...

wow..i am one of your new followers.
i impressed with ur english bcoz my english is not really good as yours..
n i would like to read your next blog even in english o malay as ur follower..n my blog link is birumuda91.blogspot.com

AWI said...

Thnx ;)

dek_mimie said...

sentences tak brapa bez...

"Perempuan, biasalah. The news spread with a lightning speed. Kene lah jadi cikgu tusyen kawan-kawan dia sekejap."

haiyyaa... u nie...

AWI said...

Best lah. ;)